Members and Meetings
December 2 Agenda
EVERETT SCHOOL COMMITTEE
MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2019, 6:30 P.M.
EVERETT HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY, 100 ELM STREET
I. ROLL CALL
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. READING OF THE RECORDS
1. November 18, 2019
IV. REPORT OF SUPERINTENDENT
1. Update on Everett High School Spectacular Gala – Mr. Eugene O’Brien, Coordinator of Music
2. An update regarding the Crimson Tide Drama Club's recent performance of Once on an Island – Mr. Evan DeMarzo, Club Advisor and Stephen Black, Everett High School Assistant Principal of Science Technology and Engineering Academy
3. Update on post-graduates and Naviance – Mrs. Kathleen McCormack, Director of Guidance
4. Request to create a revolving account for Academy Donations – Dr. Omar Easy, Executive Assistant Principal, Everett High School Academy
5. Request from the Superintendent to contract with Massachusetts Association of School Committees to engage their Policy services to examine our district policies, use their resources to update and add any that will hold us accountable and to compile them to create a District Policy Manual; and to pay the first-year hosting fee in the amount of $3,500.00 (mailed)
6. Request from Mr. David Brady, Principal, for the use of the Lafayette School on Thursday, December 12, 2019 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. for the Polar Express Night (mailed)
7. Request from Mr. David Brady, Principal, for the use of the Lafayette School on Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. for the Holiday Show (mailed)
8. Acceptance from the following School Council Meeting Minutes:
- George Keverian School: November 14, 2019 (mailed)
- Lafayette School: November 6, 2019 (mailed)
- Adams School: November 19, 2019 (mailed)
9. Acceptance of the following donations
- Market Basket gift cards from Zonta Club: $400.00
-Foundation for Autism Inc. for materials: $5,000.00
10. Schedule of Holiday Events
• Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Parlin School Cookies with Santa for students and families; 4:00-7:00 p.m.
• Saturday, December 7, 2019
- Keverian School Breakfast with Santa; 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Webster School Breakfast with Santa; 9:00-11:00 a.m.
• Sunday, December 8, 2019
- Polar Express Day, Webster School
• Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- Madeline English School Polar Express Night; 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- Madeline English School Holiday Concert; 11:00 a.m.
• Thursday, December 12, 2019
- Lafayette Polar Express Night; 5:30-7:00 p.m.
• Friday, December 13, 2019
- Parlin Holiday Concert; 9:00 a.m.
• Monday, December 16, 2019
- Whittier Winter Concert; 9:00 a.m.
• Tuesday, December 17, 2019
- Everett High School Spectacular Gala; 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium * Wednesday, December 18, 2019
- Polar Express Day for Webster Extension Pre-K 3 (M, T, W)
• Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Devens School Polar Express Day
- Keverian School Polar Express Day
- Lafayette School Holiday Show; 6:00 p.m.
- Webster School Holiday Concert; 9:00 a.m.
- Polar Express Day for Webster Extension Pre-K 3 (Th, F)
and Pre-k 4
V. ITEMS SUBMITTED BY SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEMBERS
1. Roll Call Vote: To re-convene Superintendent Search Committee to consider all candidates – Mr. MacLaughlin
VI. SUBCOMMITTEE REPORT
1. Committee on Finance: Monday, December 2, 2019; 5:45 p.m. 2. Committee on Negotiations: Monday, December 2, 2019; 6:00p.m.
VII. BILLS AND PAYROLLS
VIII. UNFINISHED BUISNESS
IX. NEW BUSINESS
XI. MATTERS FOR EXECUTIVE SESSION