Applications for the Everett Youth Initiative Council are open for this year. You must be an Everett resident between the ages of 14 and 18 to apply.
Founded in 2021, the Youth Initiative Council is a platform for youth voices in local government. It is made up of nine (9) members. The Council identifies issues important to its peers, families, and the city, and advocates for change within the city. Youth Initiative Council leaders discuss together and research current issues, and local legislation, advocate during city council, and present and advise action-oriented steps in meetings with elected officials. If selected, you will serve from early September 2023 to June 2024.
This is an opportunity to positively impact your day-to-day life as well as your community, preparing you as an advocate and building skills to last a lifetime. Members will receive a total of $1500 in stipends.
- Attend weekly meetings on Tuesdays from 4-6 in the Shute Library
- Members cannot have more than 3 unexcused absences
- An interest in public service, social justice, and bettering the community
- Plan and participate in YIC activities and events
- Dedicate at least 3-5 hours per week
- Engage in meetings; outreach, network, coordinate, and attend events
- Be engaged and fulfill responsibilities
APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSES ON MAY 21ST