Everett High Student Handbook
The mission of Everett High School is to meet the needs of every student in our increasingly diverse community. Everett High School is committed to providing a safe, nurturing, challenging environment that empowers students to become lifelong learners and productive members of society.
We are a community that:
• Promotes a positive, safe, and nurturing school environment
• Emphasizes personal responsibility, academic creativity, critical thinking, and physical and emotional well-being
• Offers a curriculum that blends traditional and innovative learning practices
• Provides students with the opportunity to select an academically challenging and personally fulfilling program of studies
• Empowers each student to achieve academic, personal, and social growth
Message from the Principal
Welcome to Everett High School for the 2019-2020 school year. This handbook was developed by students, parents/guardians, teachers and school administrators as an aid to help guide you through your high school experience. This handbook offers the information necessary to help you understand the expectations we place on our students as well as the services we offer. Students and parents/guardians should acquaint themselves with the contents of this handbook. Our rules and regulations have been developed to ensure a safe and secure atmosphere that will maximize the educational opportunity for all students. Please let us know if you have any questions, or if you have any suggestions for how this handbook could be improved.
It is our sincere hope that parents/guardians will work with the school to prevent problems before they happen and work with the school after problems occur. We encourage parents/guardians to maintain contact with teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators in order to resolve minor issues before they become major problems.
We are looking forward to a safe and productive school year. Our dedicated teaching staff and support personnel work diligently every day to meet each student’s individual needs. With your cooperation and teamwork we can increase student achievement, improve our school and make certain that “Everett Schools are Everett’s Pride.”
Children of Military Families
• Timely transfer of records.
• Kindergarten and first grade age variances.
• Adequate time to complete immunization requirements.
• Exclusion from extracurricular activities.
• Placement in appropriate courses.
• Missed or redundant entrance and exit testing.
• Graduation requirements.