Forms and Policies
DISTRICT FAMILY AND GUARDIAN
Policy Statement: The goal of Family Involvement is the development of a partnership between home and school that ensures that all children become successful lifelong learners.
Vision Statement: The vision of the Title 1 Program is aligned with the mission of the Everett Public Schools. Title 1 is dedicated to providing every child with support to attain a high quality education that meets the needs of every student in our schools for academic success.
The Responsibilities of the Schools:
- Distribute the Title 1 Home & School Involvement Compact to parents and guardians
- Provide the Policy in an understandable and uniform format, and provide it in languages that the parents understand (Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and Arabic),
- This Policy will be made available to parents and updated periodically to meet the changing needs of the parents and the schools
- Parents or guardians will be provided with Accountability Information & Right to Know Letter at the beginning of the school year
- Parents or guardian will receive the Title I Brochure in languages that parents understand (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole and Arabic)
- Each school shall offer parents meetings to address the needs of the parents and increase parent involvement in their children’s education
- Each school shall convene a building-based annual meeting to explain the Title I Program and encourage parents to become involved in the school activities and the planning, review, and improvement of the Title I Program.
- Each school will provide a schedule of teacher & parent conferences to be sent to parents
The Everett Public Schools recognizes the need for strong and meaningful opportunities for family involvement:
- Parents or guardians will have the opportunity to attend Open House Programs, visit classrooms at a prearranged time that is not disruptive to the educational process, and have opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s classroom.
- Parents or guardians are encouraged to attend conferences with teachers when needed. Parents will have the opportunity to discuss the curriculum, assessment practices, expected proficiency practices levels for students, and keep informed on challenging curriculum and performance standards
- Parents or guardians will be updated on Title I policies on the Everett Public Schools Website
- Parents or guardians are encouraged to participate in the Parent School Council, which meets monthly throughout the school year
- Parents or guardians will receive the monthly Title I Home & School Connection in print. This document is also available on the Everett Public Schools Website. The document lists learning activities that parents can participate with their child at home
Everett Public Schools also recognizes the need for developing and maintaining effective parent communication:
- The Everett Public Schools will make appropriate program information available in as many ways as possible: through school mail, our district Title I website, Title I brochure. Home & School Connection monthly newsletter, Open Houses, and school council meetings.
- The Everett Public Schools will make all information available to all parents and guardians in a timely manner.
- All documents will be translated in Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, and Arabic.