The goal of Title I is to provide a higher quality of education for every child and to support parents to help their children.
WHAT IS TITLE I
Title I is a federally-funded program designed to ensure that children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high quality education and reach a minimum proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
TITLE I GOALS
• Increase Family Engagement
• Support Both Small Group Reading and Math Intervention
• Improve Teaching Strategies
WHAT WE DO
• Literacy Nights
• Math Nights
• Parent Breakfast Workshops
PARENT INVOLVEMENT/SHARED RESPONSIBILITIES
As a parent, you can influence your child’s success in school. Parent involvement is an important aspect of Title I. We encourage you to be actively involved in your child’s education.
You can become more involved with you child’s education by:
• Attending Family Events at Your Child’s School
• Volunteering at Your Child’s School
• Joining Your Child’s PTO
• Attending Parent-Teacher Conferences
• Communicating with Your Child’s Teacher Regularly by Phone, E-mail, or Notes.
Attend Parent Teacher Conference regularly to discuss student progress and to strengthen home/school partnerships. Volunteer at your child’s school, by joining the PTO. Stay connected — communicate with your child’s teacher regularly by phone, email, or notes.