Covid-19 Resource Center
MASK MANDATE EXTENDED THROUGH OCTOBER
At the special meeting of the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (Board) on August 24, 2021, the Board voted to declare “exigent circumstances” pursuant to the Student Learning Time (SLT) regulations, 603 CMR 27.08 (1), and authorized the Commissioner of Elementary and Secondary Education to require masks for public school students (age 5 and above) and staff in all grades through at least October 1, 2021. The mask requirement is an important additional measure to keep students safe in school at this time.
Consistent with the authority provided by the Board, and after consulting with medical experts and state health officials, the Commissioner is extending the mask requirement through at least November 1, 2021. The following requirements remain in effect:
- Public school students (age 5 and above) and staff in all grades are required to wear masks indoors in schools, except as noted Masks are not required when outdoors. All visitors are also expected to wear a mask in school buildings.
- The mask requirement will be in place until at least November 1, 2021. The Commissioner will revisit the requirement in the near future to revise it as warranted by public health
- Masks should cover an individual’s nose and
- It is strongly recommended that students younger than age 5 also wear a mask in
- Students and staff who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, and students who cannot wear a mask for behavioral reasons, are exempted from the requirement. Face shields may be an option for students with medical or behavioral needs who are unable to wear masks or face coverings. Transparent masks may be the best option for both teachers and students in classes for deaf and hard of hearing students.
- The mask requirement applies when students and staff are indoors at school, except when eating, drinking, or during mask breaks.
- Mask breaks may occur throughout the day. If feasible, breaks should occur when the windows are open or students are outdoors. As a reminder, meals and outdoor recess provide built-in mask breaks for students and staff.
- Masks may also be removed indoors when necessary to participate in elective classes, such as the use of wind instruments in band. When traditional masks cannot be worn, districts should consider additional mitigations, such as the use of instrument masks (masks with a slit or hole cut for the mouthpiece) or bell covers, along with physical distancing or outdoor classes as feasible.
- Masks are required for any sports-related activity for student-athletes and coaches when indoors, in alignment with guidance provided by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA).
- Masks should be provided by the student/family, but disposable masks should be made available by the school for students who need
- By federal public health order, all students and staff are required to wear a mask on school
- Whether and when a student should be disciplined for failure to wear a mask is a local decision, guided by the district’s student discipline policy and the particular facts. Districts should consult with their legal counsel to address these matters. Districts should provide written notice to students and families about expectations and potential consequences, and are encouraged to use a progressive discipline approach. The mask requirement includes an exemption for students who cannot wear a mask due to medical conditions or behavioral needs. Further, some students with disabilities may need additional supports to wear masks and may need to be accommodated. Districts are encouraged to consider and implement alternatives before resorting to disciplinary Keeping students connected with school is especially important this fall, as students return to school after a challenging school year.
As of October 15, 2021, if a school demonstrates a vaccination rate of 80 percent or more of all students and staff in the school through an attestation form submitted to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), then vaccinated individuals in that school would no longer be subject to the mask requirement. In alignment with statewide guidance, unvaccinated students and staff would be required to continue wearing masks. DESE will continue to work with medical experts and state health officials to review and consider additional metrics to determine when individuals in schools would no longer be subject to the mask requirement.
Help us Stay Safe and Stay Open!
Participate in our 'Test and Stay' Initiative
The Everett Public Schools is participating in the free comprehensive rapid testing program being offered through a partnership between the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and CIC.
We encourage all EPS families to complete the quick and easy consent process so we can begin our testing program as quickly as possible.
For paper consent forms, which are available in multiple languages, please click HERE. You can either print out the form and send it to your child’s teacher or use it as a reference to fill out the online English form.
The EPS will utilize this program to test symptomatic individuals in our schools, as well as individuals who have been identified as close contacts of someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19. It is designed to help the district adhere to the DESE-endorsed “Test and Stay” approach to the 2021-2022 school year — one that allows asymptomatic close contacts to remain in school if they receive an individual rapid antigen tests like the one being offered by CIC. Simply, we are hoping to keep the maximum number of our students and staff in class for full-time teaching and learning.
CIC Health is the largest COVID-19 testing services provider in the country, with a network of labs across the U.S. It has facilitated more than 2 million tests, many in school districts across 20 states.
Programa de teste Covid-19 da EPS
Consentimento e Inscrição
Ajude-nos a ficar seguros e abertos!
As Escolas Públicas de Everett estão participando do programa de teste geral rápido gratuito oferecido por meio de uma parceria entre o Departamento de Educação Fundamental e Secundária (DESE) e o CIC.
Encorajamos todas as famílias da EPS a concluir o processo de consentimento que é rápido e fácil para que possamos começar nosso programa de testes o mais rápido possível.
Para formulários de consentimento em papel, que estão disponíveis em vários idiomas, clique AQUI. Você pode imprimir o formulário e enviá-lo ao professor do seu filho ou usá-lo como referência para preencher o formulário de inglês online.
O EPS utilizará este programa para testar indivíduos sintomáticos em nossas escolas, bem como indivíduos que foram identificados como contatos próximos de alguém que tem um caso confirmado de Covid-19. Ele foi projetado para ajudar o distrito a aderir à abordagem “Teste e Permaneça" endossada pelo DESE para o ano letivo de 2021-2022 - que permite que contatos próximos assintomáticos permaneçam na escola se eles receberem um teste rápido de antígeno individual como o que está sendo oferecido por CIC. Simplesmente, esperamos manter o número máximo de nossos alunos e funcionários em sala de aula para ensino e aprendizagem em tempo integral.
O CIC Health é o maior provedor de serviços de teste COVID-19 no país, com uma rede de laboratórios nos EUA. Ele facilitou mais de 2 milhões de testes, muitos em distritos escolares em 20 estados.
Pwogram Tès Covid-19 Lekòl Piblik Everett (LPE) yo
Konsanti epi enskri
Ede nou rete an sekirite epi rete ouvè!
Lekòl Piblik Everett yo ap patisipe nan pwogram tès rapid rapid gratis yo ki ofri nan yon patenarya ant Depatman Edikasyon Elemantè ak Segondè (DESE) ak CIC.
Nou ankouraje tout fanmi Lekòl Piblik Everett (LPE) yo pou fè pwosesis konsantman rapid ak fasil la pou nou ka kòmanse pwogram tès nou an pi vit posib.
Pou fòm konsantman an papye yo, ki disponib nan plizyè lang lan, tanpri klike ISIT la. Ou ka swa enprime fòm lan epi voye li bay pwofesè pitit ou a oswa itilize li kòm yon referans pou ranpli fòm an anglè ki sou entènèt la.
LPE yo pral itilize pwogram sa a pou teste moun ki gen sentòm nan lekòl nou yo, ak moun ki te idantifye kòm kontak pwòch yon moun ki gen yon ka konfime Covid-19. Li fèt pou ede distri a konfòme yo avèk apwòch DESE-andose a "Teste epi Rete" nan ane lekòl 2021-2022 - ki pèmèt kontak pwòch ki san sentòm rete lekòl la si pa resevwa yon tès antijèn endividyèl rapid tankou yonn ke CIC ofri . Senpleman, nou espere kenbe maksimòm kantite elèv ak anplwaye nou yo nan klas pou ansèyman ak aprantisaj a plen tan.
CIC Health se pi gwo founisè sèvis COVID-19 nan peyi a, ak yon rezo laboratwa atravè peyi Etazini an Li te fasilite plis pase 2 milyon tès, anpil nan distri lekòl yo nan 20 eta.
Mondays from 3-6:30 p.m.
Everett City Hall
Upcoming Vaccine Clinics